Rosemary Roller | September 8, 2021
America’s Most Searched PBS Kids Programs
PBS Kids programs have taught generations of American children everything from math and science to manners and morals, all while providing quality entertainment. Even more, Twitter users have posted over 47,000 times in the last decade about Sesame Street, showing that PBS Kids shows are still top-of-mind nationally.
With the recent news that Arthur will end after its 25th season next winter, the CenturyLinkQuote team set out to find the PBS Kids shows Americans search for most. To do so, we compiled a list of the 30 most popular PBS Kids shows according to Ranker and Romper and found the search volume of each show in Semrush. Then, we plugged the nine most searched shows into Google Trends to see which show was searched most in each state in the past 12 months. Finally, we used the social listening tool Brandwatch to gather and analyze geotagged Twitter mentions from the last 10 years that referenced “PBS” or “PBS Kids” along with each of the nine most popular shows.
More PBS Kids Tidbits
- Teletubbies is the most searched PBS Kids show in the most states, at 11. Though the show has received several international awards and nominations, it has the lowest IMDB score of any show on our list at 3.8/10.
- Arthur, the longest-running kids animated series, was most popular in 8 states. The series is also the second most talked about PBS kids program on twitter over the past decade. Arthur has been nominated for more than two dozen awards, winning 13.
- Caillou was the most searched show in seven states and the third most talked about PBS kids program on Twitter, with 5,942 Americans tweeting about the show in the past 10 years.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog was the top show in six states. Interestingly, Indiana, Missouri, North Carolina and Oregon all rank in the top twenty states with the highest percentage of dog ownership nationwide. The show, based on Norman Bridwell’s book series, has won two awards and has been nominated for 15.
- Sesame Street is the longest running show on our list. By 2006, the iconic series had become the most widely viewed children’s TV show in the world with millions of individual viewers.
|State||Most Searched PBS KIDS Show|
|Indiana||Clifford the Big Red Dog|
|Kansas||The Magic School Bus|
|Louisiana||The Magic School Bus|
|Missouri||Clifford the Big Red Dog|
|Nevada||Clifford the Big Red Dog|
|New Jersey||Sesame Street|
|New Mexico||Curious George|
|New York||Sesame Street|
|North Carolina||Clifford the Big Red Dog|
|North Dakota||Sesame Street|
|Oregon||Clifford the Big Red Dog|
|South Carolina||The Magic School Bus|
|Vermont||The Magic School Bus|
|Washington||Clifford the Big Red Dog|
CenturyLinkQuote is an authorized sales agent of Centurylink products.
For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.