The Original Gossip Girl Characters Americans Still Love to This Day
Last Updated on July 21, 2021 by Zoi Walker
The original cast of Gossip Girl, the beloved show from 2007 full of teens knocking back cocktails and socialite drama, has been given a run for its money with the 2021 Gossip Girl reboot on HBO Max. While the original show focused on a gossip blog and flip phones, the new series has turned to Instagram and smartphones to stir up chaos in New York City.
The appeal of glamour and internet drama is alive and well between the two series, and excited viewers of the new show can’t help but compare the members of each cast. While anticipating the upcoming episodes with the new squad, the tv lovers at CenturyLinkQuote, an authorized sales agent of CenturyLink products, set out to find which original Gossip Girl cast members Americans love the most.
More Hot Gossip
- Blair Waldorf is the most loved character from the original series based on our data. Leighton Meester’s fashionable character had the highest number of articles written about her in the past two years (54) and the second highest percent of character Facebook love reactions.
- Chuck Bass, the show’s bad boy played by Ed Westwick, came in second place. 36 articles have been written about Bass in the past two years and 70% of Facebook reactions to articles about the character were “love.”
- Nate Archibald ranked third. The character played by Chace Crawford has been featured in 16 articles over the past two years and had the highest percentage of character Facebook love reactions at 84%.
- Though Blake Lively was the most popular actor to star in the series, her character Serena van der Woodsen ranked fourth. In the last two years alone, Blake was featured in a whopping 2,547 articles.
- Dan Humphrey, the actual Gossip Girl, was the least loved character, ranking number five on our list with only 18% Facebook love reactions. However, Penn Badgley was the second-most popular actor on our list, which is no surprise considering he won the Elle Style Award in 2019 for his performance in psychological thriller You.
To determine which Gossip Girl characters are the most popular overall, we referenced lists on Ranker and BuzzFeed and searched for 28 characters’ names in SemRush to determine which 10 characters have the highest search volume. We then used BuzzSumo and applied the filters “past two years,” “United States,” and “English” to see how many articles were written about each character over the past two years and which characters had the highest percentage of Facebook love reactions. We used this information to determine which five characters were the most loved overall.
CenturyLinkQuote is an authorized sales agent of CenturyLink.
For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.