Quinn Thurman | June 17, 2021
Third Annual Most-Googled Relationship Questions Report
Poet and expressionist Ranata Suzuki once said, “Meeting you was like finding the answer to a question I had long since forgotten asking.” For the third year in a row, the team at CenturyLinkQuote wants to know what special question each state is asking the most.
While forming relationships looks a little different this year, what’s not different is how people turn to Google to get their love questions answered, including the ever-popular “Does he like me?” and the ever-helpful “How to kiss.”
From the mountains of Alaska to the beaches of Hawaii, we compiled a list of each state’s most burning relationship question from the past year. So whether your binging of Bridgerton has inspired you to rekindle the spark in your current relationship or you’re motivated to start anew, we want to know what love questions you’re searching for.
With internet availability practically everywhere these days, we all turned to Google to answer one thing or another (including all our questions on dating and love).
- The most popular inquiry for 20 states was the best dating apps, leading us to believe that many people are eager to meet someone special. And while it may seem an intimidating way to get to know someone, studies from Pew Research Center show that 3/10 Americans have used a dating site—the most popular age range being 18–29 at 48%.
- The second most popular question was “How to kiss,” attracting residents of seven states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, and Wyoming.
- The least-asked inquiry was, “Does she like me,” which appears only twice in contrast with its opposite question, “Does he like me?” with six states asking.
- Virginia’s state slogan is “Virginia is for Lovers.” This pucker-up catchphrase was coined from an ad-agency in 1969 wanting to increase the Old Dominion state’s appeal. The slogan first made its appearance in Modern Bride (circa 1969) and has inspired couples to its borders ever since.
- Hawaii’s island of Kaui was named the most romantic destination by U.S. News. Its beautiful sandy beaches, appealing hiking trails, and picture-perfect weather attracts more than one million visitors each year.
- “How the west was kissed” may be a more appropriate term for the western part of the US. According to our findings, for three years in a row, three states—Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming—have asked “How to kiss” as their state’s most-googled relationship question.
|State||Relationship Question in 2021||Relationship Question in 2020|
|Alabama||When to text back||Does she like me|
|Alaska||How to kiss||How to kiss|
|Arizona||Best dating apps||What do men want|
|Arkansas||Does he like me?||Does he love me|
|California||Best dating apps||When to text back|
|Colorado||Am I in love?||How to break up|
|Connecticut||Best dating apps||How to break up|
|Delaware||Best dating apps||How to kiss|
|District of Columbia||Best dating apps||How to get a date|
|Florida||Am I in love?||When to text back|
|Georgia||Does he like me?||How to get dates|
|Hawaii||How to kiss||How to break up|
|Idaho||How to kiss||How to kiss|
|Illinois||Best dating apps||How to break up|
|Indiana||Best dating apps||When to text back|
|Iowa||When to say "I love you"||Am I in love|
|Kansas||Best dating apps||Am I in love|
|Kentucky||When to text back||What do women want|
|Louisiana||Am I in love?||How to get dates|
|Maine||Am I in love?||Am I in love|
|Maryland||Does he like me?||Am I in love|
|Massachusetts||Best dating apps||How to break up|
|Michigan||When to text back||Does she love me|
|Minnesota||Does he like me?||How to break up|
|Mississippi||Does he like me?||What do men want|
|Missouri||How to get over a breakup||Am I in love|
|Montana||Am I in love?||Does he like me|
|Nebraska||Best dating apps||Am I in love|
|Nevada||Best dating apps||Am I in love|
|New Hampshire||Am I in love?||How to break up|
|New Jersey||Best dating apps||How to get dates|
|New Mexico||Does she like me?||What to do on a date|
|New York||Best dating apps||How to break up|
|North Carolina||Best dating apps||How to get dates|
|North Dakota||Does he like me?||How to break up|
|Ohio||Best dating apps||How to propose|
|Oklahoma||When to say "I love you"||Am I in love|
|Oregon||Best dating apps||Does she like me|
|Pennsylvania||Best dating apps||When to text back|
|Rhode Island||Best dating apps||Does he like me|
|South Carolina||When to text back||When to say I love you|
|South Dakota||How to kiss||how to propose|
|Tennessee||When to text back||When to text back|
|Texas||When to text back||When to text back|
|Utah||How to kiss||How to kiss|
|Vermont||How to kiss||How to break up|
|Virginia||Best dating apps||How to get dates|
|Washington||Best dating apps||Am I in love|
|West Virginia||Does she like me?||How to break up|
|Wisconsin||How to get over a breakup||How to propose|
|Wyoming||How to kiss||How to kiss|
To find each state’s burning love question, the team at CenturyLinkQuote used Google search volume to determine which question was asked the most.
CenturyLinkQuote is an authorized sales agent of CenturyLink.
For media inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.