Quinn Thurman | February 2, 2021
Third Annual Most-Googled Relationship Questions Report
Poet and expressionist Ranata Suzuki once said, “Meeting you was like finding the answer to a question I had long since forgotten asking.” February 14th is coming, love is at the center of many of our minds, and for the third year in a row, the team at CenturyLinkQuote wants to know what special question each state is asking the most.
While forming relationships looks a little different this year, what’s not different is how people turn to Google to get their love questions answered, including the ever-popular “Does he like me?” and the ever-helpful “How to kiss.”
From the mountains of Alaska to the beaches of Hawaii, Valentine’s day inspires people to ask what’s on their mind and heart. So whether your binging of Bridgerton has inspired you to rekindle the spark in your current relationship or you’re motivated to start anew, we want to know what you’re Googling this year.
With internet availability practically everywhere these days, we all turned to Google to answer one thing or another (including all our questions on dating and love).
- The most popular inquiry for 20 states was the best dating apps, leading us to believe that many people are eager to meet someone special. And while it may seem an intimidating way to get to know someone, studies from Pew Research Center show that 3/10 Americans have used a dating site—the most popular age range being 18–29 at 48%.
- The second most popular question was “How to kiss,” attracting residents of seven states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, and Wyoming.
- The least-asked inquiry was, “Does she like me,” which appears only twice in contrast with its opposite question, “Does he like me?” with six states asking.
- Virginia’s state slogan is “Virginia is for Lovers.” This pucker-up catchphrase was coined from an ad-agency in 1969 wanting to increase the Old Dominion state’s appeal. The slogan first made its appearance in Modern Bride (circa 1969) and has inspired couples to its borders ever since.
- Hawaii’s island of Kaui was named the most romantic destination by U.S. News. Its beautiful sandy beaches, appealing hiking trails, and picture-perfect weather attracts more than one million visitors each year.
- “How the west was kissed” may be a more appropriate term for the western part of the US. According to our findings, for three years in a row, three states—Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming—have asked “How to kiss” as their state’s most-googled relationship question.
|Alabama||When to text back|
|Alaska||How to kiss|
|Arizona||Best dating apps|
|Arkansas||Does he like me?|
|California||Best dating apps|
|Colorado||Am I in love?|
|Connecticut||Best dating apps|
|Delaware||Best dating apps|
|District of Columbia||Best dating apps|
|Florida||Am I in love?|
|Georgia||Does he like me?|
|Hawaii||How to kiss|
|Idaho||How to kiss|
|Illinois||Best dating apps|
|Indiana||Best dating apps|
|Iowa||When to say "I love you"|
|Kansas||Best dating apps|
|Kentucky||When to text back|
|Louisiana||Am I in love?|
|Maine||Am I in love?|
|Maryland||Does he like me?|
|Massachusetts||Best dating apps|
|Michigan||When to text back|
|Minnesota||Does he like me?|
|Mississippi||Does he like me?|
|Missouri||How to get over a breakup|
|Montana||Am I in love?|
|Nebraska||Best dating apps|
|Nevada||Best dating apps|
|New Hampshire||Am I in love?|
|New Jersey||Best dating apps|
|New Mexico||Does she like me?|
|New York||Best dating apps|
|North Carolina||Best dating apps|
|North Dakota||Does he like me?|
|Ohio||Best dating apps|
|Oklahoma||When to say "I love you"|
|Oregon||Best dating apps|
|Pennsylvania||Best dating apps|
|Rhode Island||Best dating apps|
|South Carolina||When to text back|
|South Dakota||How to kiss|
|Tennessee||When to text back|
|Texas||When to text back|
|Utah||How to kiss|
|Vermont||How to kiss|
|Virginia||Best dating apps|
|Washington||Best dating apps|
|West Virginia||Does she like me?|
|Wisconsin||How to get over a breakup|
|Wyoming||How to kiss|
To find each state’s burning love question, the team at CenturyLinkQuote used Google search volume to determine which question was asked the most.
CenturyLinkQuote is an authorized sales agent of CenturyLink.
For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.