Quinn Thurman | February 6, 2020
Second Annual Most-Googled Relationship Questions
With Valentine’s day right around the corner, the team at CenturyLinkQuote is curious to know: what are your plans for February 14th? Chocolate tasting for two? GNO with your best friends in true Galentine’s day fashion? What about some quality me time à la Eat, Pray, Love?
Whether you’re head over heels lovestruck, blissfully single, or fall in the camp of “it’s complicated,” heart-shaped chocolates and oversized teddy bears are sure to remind you of the love-themed holiday. In the spirit of the season, we wanted to know what people are saying (and asking) about love. To find the answer, we turned to Google.
While some people are looking for tips on how to kiss and flirt, others are struggling to move on and get over a breakup. Either way, Google’s got their back. Between famous online love Gurus and dozens of YouTube dating experts, the internet is overflowing with answers to peoples’ most burning relationship questions.
With internet availability practically everywhere these days, we all turned to Google to answer one thing or another (including all our questions on dating and love).
How do you break up with someone? How do you kiss someone? When is it appropriate to say I love you? Whether you need a little feedback on your first date outfit or need to brainstorm ideas on how to propose, we all have relationship questions—no matter where you live.
- Not everyone behind a keyboard is content with their current partner. 11 states need advice on how to break up with someone—the most of any search query. While there’s speculation on which gender reacts to breakups harder, data shows that it’s grim for both parties. Women report feeling worse off emotionally than men, but men reportedly take longer to move on.
- If you feel like everyone is in a happy relationship but you, fear not! The top two relationship questions googled were “How to break up” and “Am I in love.” As it turns out, not everyone taken is happily taken.
- At least five states are eager to learn how to kiss. People smooch for a myriad of reasons: for luck, to greet someone, for that warm and fuzzy feeling we call love, and because, well, it feels good—literally. Lips contain more nerve endings than any other part of the body. Plus, when you kiss, your body releases serotonin.
- “Does he like me” has nearly twice as much search volume as “Does she like me” — ditto with “Does he love me” and “Does she love me.” Historically, men are less communicative and expressive than women, which is probably why ladies across the country are wondering how the men in their life feel about them.
- Both Nevada and Oklahoma searched “Am I in love” the most of any question. They’re also the top two states with the highest divorce rates. Couples get divorced because they fall out of love, which could explain why Nevada and Oklahoma residents are asking the question on repeat.
- Which state wins for having the most brides and grooms? Utah. The Beehive State has the highest percentage of married people in the country. With 55.4% of the population, the state with the world’s greatest snow also has the highest number of couples tying the knot.
|Alabama||Does she like me|
|Alaska||How to kiss|
|Arizona||What do men want|
|Arkansas||Does he love me|
|California||When to text back|
|Colorado||How to break up|
|Connecticut||How to break up|
|Delaware||How to kiss|
|District of Columbia||How to get a date|
|Florida||When to text back|
|Georgia||How to get dates|
|Hawaii||How to break up|
|Idaho||How to kiss|
|Illinois||How to break up|
|Indiana||When to text back|
|Iowa||Am I in love|
|Kansas||Am I in love|
|Kentucky||What do women want|
|Louisiana||How to get dates|
|Maine||Am I in love|
|Maryland||Am I in love|
|Massachusetts||How to break up|
|Michigan||Does she love me|
|Minnesota||How to break up|
|Mississippi||What do men want|
|Missouri||Am I in love|
|Montana||Does he like me|
|Nebraska||Am I in love|
|Nevada||Am I in love|
|New Hampshire||How to break up|
|New Jersey||How to get dates|
|New Mexico||What to do on a date|
|New York||How to break up|
|North Carolina||How to get dates|
|North Dakota||How to break up|
|Ohio||How to propose|
|Oklahoma||Am I in love|
|Oregon||Does she like me|
|Pennsylvania||When to text back|
|Rhode Island||Does he like me|
|South Carolina||When to say I love you|
|South Dakota||how to propose|
|Tennessee||When to text back|
|Texas||When to text back|
|Utah||How to kiss|
|Vermont||How to break up|
|Virginia||How to get dates|
|Washington||Am I in love|
|West Virginia||How to break up|
|Wisconsin||How to propose|
|Wyoming||How to kiss|
We looked at relative Google search volume for relationship questions to see what each state is googling about love.
CenturyLinkQuote is an authorized sales agent of CenturyLink.
For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com.